3/20/2010

Big Bullies

Question:
There is a boy in one of my classes that really intimidates me and bullies me. He always seems to do it when the teacher isn't paying attention. I try to avoid him a sit far from him, but he always seems to follow me and single me out. I have really started to be afraid of him and hate going to this class. I hide anytime I see him in the hallway. I don't want to tell my parents because I am afraid that they'll freak out, but I'm really scared, I need to do something. What should I do?
-A high school freshman

Answer:
You're right, you need to do something. You shouldn't be afraid to go to class. Talk with a few close friends. Chances are someone has had a similar experience and knows which teacher, principal, guidance counselor handles these situations best. If that doesn't work, talk to your high school guidance counselor or assitant principal. There's a really good chance this kid is bullying others and they will know the best way to handle it. If you are afraid of repercussions, stress to them that you are afraid and you really need this handled annonymously.


Whaddya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment