3/08/2010

Is It Worth A Shot?

Question:
My baby will be a year in about a month and a half. She has had all her shots up to now, however, I'm debating on continuing the immunizations. I know there's a lot of information out there saying shots are bad, but then most doctors try to push them on your kid anyway. What have you guys done with your own kids, and where have you gone to find information that you trusted that helped you make your decision. I've done some research, but I'm not exactly sure where to look and if I should trust some of the sites I've found. I just want to do what's best for my kid, and that may or may not be what society and the government tells me it is. So any infomation would be helpful. Thanks.
-Mother of One

Answer:
My opinion: vaccinate your kids. The studies were linked to the amount of mercury in the vaccines and so the CDC reduced and/or eliminated the amount of mercury in the vaccines (even before they did this- the amount was less than what you'd get with a bite of tuna fish). Much of the bad press was due to a former playboy bunny who claimed her child had autism from vaccines and that she cured him (it was later proven that he had stomach issues not autism). Children are dying from diseases because their parents are not vaccinating them. This is what is comes down to: would you rather have your children die or potentially get a disability.
One mom of three with an autistic child says: "Our generation is doing a very poor job of accepting our children as they are meant to be."

For more information:
Vaccines and Autism

Whaddya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment